Fantasy and Ideas of TerishD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feast at Serpic-Moreal

Go down

Feast at Serpic-Moreal Empty Feast at Serpic-Moreal

Post by Admin Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Scorplin has lost his home and family. Just wanting to get away and refresh his mind, he accepts a contract to help a group of dwarves claim a legendary fortress of evil. They are a beer guzzling group of guys, but Scorplin feels that he can get them to their location safely and possibly get them back alive. His objective is not fame and glory, but simply give him a desire to start his life over.

The adventure does not become the mind-clearing journey Scorplin expected. Between a female slave seeking to regain her armor, and the alcohol soaked dwarves proving themselves very capable, the way to legendary evil becomes more of a journey of continuing his life than renewing it. Scorplin finds himself having to trust in his skills to simply keep the life he has while ignoring the desires of those hoping to fill the holes he hoped would simply heal over.

~^~^~ ^~^~^ ~^~^~
Dwarves and alcohol are a constant combination in fantasy. I sought to do it as well, but I needed the right setting. Somehow the story of having a group of dwarves seek to take on an ancient evil came to my mind, and the story worked.

Of course, the tale would not have worked with simply beer guzzling dwarves. The human wizard, Scorplin, and the addition of a the driven slave lady gave a proper perspective to the adventure. It did work, and I still enjoy this tale. It comes from the period before I switched over to doing a proper Point of View, but I now have a good version of the story. It thus might again get a chance to be seen by others.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://terishd.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Feast at Serpic-Moreal Empty Working to publish

Post by Admin Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:58 am

Being invited to some RPG conventions, I realized that I did not have a 'gaming' story. My usual fantasy tales are not something that could be said to be a narrated potential game adventure. This story however does come close to such a standard. I am thus editing it to have ready to present to a gaming audience.

The manuscript did need some cleaning up. I found in reading the story as a whole, and not in the installments in which it was presented on the internet, that there were some continuity issues. I am presently performing 'another' edit, as the earlier edits were not as clean as I expected. It however is an enjoyable tale that I do not mind reading again (and again). Hopefully others, especially gamers, will think the same.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://terishd.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Feast at Serpic-Moreal Empty Now available on Kindle

Post by Admin Fri May 22, 2015 7:14 am

Feast at Serpic-Moreal Ddserp10
The book is now live on Kindle.
Admin
Admin
Admin